Starting school in September 2021
If you have a child born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018, the time is approaching to apply for a primary school place for them to start in Reception in September 2022.
If you have a child who falls into the age range above they are due to start school in September 2022 and you must apply for a primary school place for them to start in Reception.
The deadline to submit your application is 15 January 2022
You must apply for a school place even if your child has an older sibling at the school you would like them to go to or they are attending a nursery attached to the school.
This information is for families living in North Yorkshire. Families living outside North Yorkshire will need to contact their home authority to obtain their information regarding school admissions.
The information you need to apply for a primary school place is available at
- the criteria used by the authority to allocate school places at maintained schools
- links to the admission arrangements for schools which are their own admissions authority, such as certain academy schools and voluntary aided schools
- arrangements for the admission of pupils to primary schools, including any social or medical reasons why your child should be given special consideration for allocation to a particular school;
- specific school information including the number of places allocated and statistics for the 2021-22 academic year
- eligibility for home-to-school transport;
- The online parent portal where you will be able to create an account and apply online for a school place,
It is important that you read all of the information on the school admissions and transport pages before completing the online Common Application Form (CAF).